It’s been like 6 months since
we all have joined Thapar University, Patiala. Now that EST's have ended,
and now we have nothing but boredom. Some have already began JAVA, and some are
already hooked up with TV series (ha! like me). So this is fresher’s
perspective of everything since 27th of july.
We all entered this college on first day with one question in
mind "how is college different from school?”
so now we all know the answer, and here it goes "Freedom
feel hui?" asked one senior to me..
and I am like "yeah! completely free from all bounds"
So the hostel life is totally awesome! The ‘green’ campus
forces the bugs in, which force in turn you out. And here, rooms are just for
sleeping. Also the somewhat unsettling lack of Wi-Fi connection and code against
laptops makes sure you are bonding with your roomies, and neighbor roomies
(Please give me movies!). The first week went by with our MENTORS generating
enthusiasm in us. enthu toh chahiye hi hota hai. yeah so everyone must drink
RedBull and subsequently produce wings (I ain't doing advertise :p).
Not to mention that special fashion show AGHAZ ,which was
interface for all hot seniors :p. Then there are so many clubs which
resurrected our old hobbies which had been suppressed due to studies
otherwise.
Then I remember studies are the reason I am here in the
first place! The biggest crunch I
saw was this 75% attendance wala jhanjhat (I fell for this personally). You hit
the MALL road every day and would make to class before 8 A.M no matter what, And the road looks
like flock of pigeons feeding on grain every morning then, everyone making
their own hay(way). This divine knowledge dawns when the mid sem loom ahead, And
then the library is the refuge. Two storied, and not silent at all during exams
the 24hrs schedule supports the erratic sleep plans I make. The amount of
syllabus is vast. Time is minimal. But I feel no stress! That is the strength
your friends give you when they say “kuch nahi padha!”
And the funniest part is the subjects itself are funny. I
mean UEN001!!! geez seriously? who are you kidding! With such vast changes, including the
fact that C and C++ are already taught to us, you are highly likely to crash
and burn along with your CGP. What
doesn’t help is when an extreme maggu person is coming in and consulting me
with syllabus. Honestly, I can’t help it. If a room in the wing is open and
there are people talking about stuff, I have to join them. Now I am stuck with
mediocre grades. “End-Sem mein phod denge” Right (yawn). That’s the spirit……
How hard is it? Sleep at 3:00 am, wake at 5:30 am. Should be enough! Or go drink RedBull, as it gives
you enthusiasm and you generate wings. Go fly! and there will always be that
one gal who would be like “maine to night out maara”. During the reading week
and the mid sem, my capacity to stay awake was tested (and it failed :p) with
an average sleep of about 6 hrs for an entire fortnight, I would say, yea I am
still not the Alpha in this. There are creatures (not people, creatures) who
had 2 hrs. Yay, you won.
Finally, Mess Food (Even though dhabas are always an option :p).
My reactions in chronological order-
1.
great menu
2.
original dhaba taste :p
3.
I can live with this
4.
okay ,i can survive this
5.
…..
6.
canteen?
the last one is open till 12:30 am, midnight Maggi
is so much fun (hey Maggi is back :p)
And then home too seems forgotten. I mean like who would cook
food for you at 2
am, your mom ? Hah! ..........Is there anything we can’t do? This
college has everything, all you have to do is have a vision to see that...that
anything you want anything you dream of can be true no matter what! Fraud hai
ye sab , that we are not in IIT! We can still have what we want. I would
conclude my blog with a fact that whatever happened is what we were destined
to, what’s gonna happen is in our hands >:D
Brace your selves, 2nd sem is coming..............
Awesome dear .....everything is sooo true..:)
ReplyDeletegreat dk... it's awesome
ReplyDelete